Out of the post-industrial ghost-lands of Buffalo, NY a media scene has emerged with an urgency, tradition and aesthetic all its own. With roots in early media activism of the 1970s, and supported by a network of artist-run initiatives, the city has only recently started to become recognized for its lo-fi, experimental and, above all, uncompromising body of film and video. This collection acknowledges the origins of this tradition, while focusing on contemporary examples of those persevering against the odds of creating media in a dying rustbelt town.
- End of the Tour Stuff (sorry it’s so late)
- More Tuff Stuff press regarding the screening at Ditch Projects, in Springfield, Oregon
- hard times in kelso, wa
- nice blog on buff news page
- Updates from Port Townsend, Wa.
- Dispatch from Victoria
- More day 1-2 Observations…
- Day 2: Bellingham to Vancouver
- tour starts today
- more bloggin’ action